Tis the season for lots of BBQ’s, block parties and outdoor get togethers. Also the season of lots of dishes to pass.
Sometimes it’s hard to find a dish to pass that hasn’t been done 1,000 times or is easy to serve or isn’t messy. These mac and cheese bites are a relatively simple dish that can be served up as finger food! It makes 48 little mac and cheese muffins.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- 5 oz. of garlic and herb cheese (boursin, alouette, or even herbed cream cheese works, any soft spreadable herbed cheese)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 cups crushed Ritz Crackers
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Here’s a few more links to good appetizers!